Yingjuan Liang is an intern in Academy for
Five-element Acupuncture now. She was born in Beijing and
graduated from Beijing Union University. Her parents are
both doctors. They use both Chinese medicine and Western
medicine to treat patients. She was not surprised that they
reduced her fever by massage/cupping or finger bleeding. She decided to work in medical field when she was in middle school.
With four year’s training in Western medicine, she further learned Traditional Chinese Medicine from two great experts.
Yingjuan is a member of Chinese Acupuncture Association. She holds the certificate of “All- around of TCM techniques” issued by Chinese Bureau of TCM Administration.
She has learned the following techniques:
• Heaven/human/Earth cupping
• Gua Sha
• Auricular acupuncture / Ear seeds
• Pediatric Tuina
• Pricking bloodletting therapy (Therapeutic Blood Withdrawal)
• Plum-blossom needle
• Acupoint Injection Therapies
• External use of traditional Chinese medicine
• Qi Gong
In this session, we will introduce cupping therapy. These topics will be covered:
• What is cupping? • Type/materials
• Contraindication • Side effects